Data Validation & QC Services
To ensure accurate and successful validation of the data transcription activity, there are a multitude of quality control procedures that can be performed on data. In most circumstances, exploration data sets are predominantly field and processed seismic data. Each of these data types requires a different approach, particularly where remastering has been performed.
We break our QC data services components into two main sections; firstly “Data Validation” and secondly the “Validation of Tapes and Media Condition” (including structural integrity).
Quality Control Reports
The following QC products can be produced:
- A summary report of tapes that have passed and failed QC and reasons for any deficiencies.
- A summary listing for each output media/file, (both copies) containing total files, file sizes, etc.
- For SEG-Y output, a listing as an ASCII text tile of the EBCDIC header for each SEG-Y file.
- Near trace and shot gathers can be viewed as part of the QC.
- A final written report.
- A complete set of tape images (photographs of the output media.