GIS Data Services
Where in the world is my data?
OvationData’s Online GIS (Graphical Information System) is a web based browser application used to view and order geographically indexed data (e.g. seismic or broadcast news). Designed to run securely on the internet, the application is suitable for deployment across multiple organizational divisions operating in spatially diverse locations. Physical storage of the data can be centralized or distributed between organizational divisions.
Online GIS allows you to easily and visually see what data assets you have and where they are located. The application operates as both a standalone database viewing interface, or it can complement an existing GIS database application.
The GIS interface allows users to spatially search and view data. Depending on your specific infrastructure capabilities, files can be downloaded directly to the end user. For larger data sets, the user can add products to a work order for delivery of the data. Delivery could be in the form of physical media – i.e. copies of the data on transportable media – or in the form of electronic delivery through secure ftp.
- Browser based application using Silverlight, ESRI ArcGIS, .Net 4.0
- Unlimited user access based on granted permissions
- Secured for internet usage using SSL transmission encryption
- GIS based search for data with geometry
- Text based search for data without geometry
- Data ordering for physical and electronic delivery
- Workflow email notification
- Support for department level tracking of orders
- Full database level transaction auditing
- Segregated ordering and data management modules